Monday, May 27, 2013

Review for ~Playing Patience~ by Tabatha Vargo


 Review for Playing Patience by Tabatha Vargo



Sometimes all you need is Patience.
Life’s been hard for Zeke. Being a punching bag for his alcoholic father has turned him into stone. Not even the dodgy trailer park he lives in can scare him. Fighting is his release and sex, drugs, and his guitar bring him peace, but deep down Zeke isn’t quite as hard as he makes himself out to be. When he meets Patience, she finds all his broken pieces and puts him back together, but she’s a ray of light in his shadowed life and the last thing he wants to do is bring her into his dark world. Playing careless is easy, playing the bad guy can be fun, but playing Patience is impossible, especially when she can see right through him.
Zeke isn’t the only one who’s broken, and for the first time, in a long time, Patience feels alive. Her black and white world gets a shot of color when she meets Zeke. He’s unlike anyone she’s ever met with his tattoos, piercings, and blunt honesty. She wants nothing more than to let go and ride the wild side with him, but some wounds never heal and the broken pieces of Patience aren’t so easy to find.


~HOLY HELL!! This book was full of so much abuse! Physical, emotional, sexual, personal, self destructing abuse!
I'm not even sure where to begin. I loved and hated both Patience and Zeke. I hated the games they played against each other, even if they thought that their reason were valid. I hated that they ran away from each other when you knew damn well that they needed to be together. I hated that Zeke was such an asshole!
I loved that they needed each other before they knew they needed each other.
This book sucked you in, big time. You HAD to know how things were going to end. I couldn't put it down before I had my answers. I forced myself to go to sleep, only to pick it right back up the morning.
She was effed up. He was effed up. They were both effed up beyond belief. But together they were right, and I can't explain how. It doesn't make sense how two absolutely shattered people can put each other back together like that.
I had this sick feeling in my stomach through half of the book, at what was going on, and the other half I was struck by those butterfly feelings at how sweet Zeke could be, even though he didn't know how. And no matter how much of asshole he was, it was because he didn't know how to deal with the fact that he loved her.
You can't help but feel like you're heart is being shredded for both of them in their own worlds of misery.
I wouldn't say it was the most romantic book I've ever read, but it was definitely a book that goes on the 'Can't Put Down' shelf. I was ROCKED by this book. Tabatha Vargo put it all out there with some serious heartbreaking, gut-wrenching and passion filled emotions.

Book Bitch Ashleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment