Monday, December 2, 2013

Guest Review of : The Space in Between – Brittainy C. Cherry



I am very excited Author Patty Maximini stopped by and posted a review of The Space in Between By Brittainy  C. Cherry . I hope you enjoy her review and one click and add it to your TBR list!

Thank You again Patty !




                             ***Author's Debut Novel*** 



WARNING: The following story contains mature themes, strong language, and sexual situations. It is intended for readers 18+ older. 

She’s scarred by her past. 

ANDREA EVANS is traumatized and guilt-ridden by the death of her fiancée. Tired of the gossiping small town, she travels to New York City to pursue her dream of dance. 

He’s uncertain of his future. 

COOPER DAVIDSON is a famous photographer and reality television star trying to flee from his own life filled with paparazzi, mental health clinics, and a cheating wife who is pregnant. 

When Andrea and Cooper’s paths cross, they realize how damaged and in need of escapism they both are. The two create an arrangement to explore the space in between chaos and order with one another. The rules are simple—no emotional connections, no talking about the past, no speaking of the future, and when one finds order, the other walks away. 

All is well until Cooper accidentally falls in love with Andrea.




This book was recommended to me by a friend. According to her, I would find everything I love in it and she was right. This book has sweet romance, broken people, intelligent jokes, tons of angst and a hot male lead, which makes it exactly my kind of book!
So let’s talk about the story and I promise to try and keep this review spoiler free.
Both Andrea and Cooper, the leads, start out with their lives crumbling around them. Andrea, lost her fiancé in a car crash, and Cooper, found out that his wife is a cheating whore who got knocked up by someone else. Yikes, right?
Understandably, their lives kind of fell apart because of those events. For Andrea, it meant moving to NYC where she now shares an apartment with her best friend and works a less than conventional job. As for Cooper, living out his hurt meant a drinking binge and a trip to the no-shoe-laces resort. After his “vacation” he’s back to the real world and decided to move on. By peer pressure, the moving on happens at the place where Andrea works, and that’s how they meet. Or meet again, since we learn they were childhood friends (and this happens early on in the book, so it’s not a spoiler).
As a coping mechanism to deal with their broken lives, they develop a relationship of sorts which involves Soda Pop and Panda— don’t ask me, I said no spoilers! But this is where the book gets super cute.
I love books where you have a build up to the relationship and that’s exactly what we have here. We have two people slowly and unintentionally falling in love. However, I have to point out that I got a bit confused at times regarding Cooper’s feelings, but it wasn’t something that bothered me to the point I wanted to put the book down.  As for Andrea, I loved the mess she was and seeing her heal. As a woman who had her share of broken heart, I totally identified with her, which was awesome.
All of the secondary characters have their moments, though Eric and Michelle just didn’t cut it for me. Sorry, I just didn’t understand the deal with them. Now, Ladasha on the other hand, was such a great character. In fact, I’m convinced she’s my long lost book sister with all of her silly movie humor. I totally identified with her on that and if Brittainy ever decides to write a whole book on her, I’d read it in a heartbeat.  Also, let’s talk about Jesus. I’m in love in the best comical way! Well done Brittainy, that was super clever and I’m still wondering if he was nuts or the real deal.

The events towards the end kept me glued to my seat and I loved it. I felt like the emotion could be brought up a notch at some points and some extra explanation could be given, but overall it was an amazing book and the ending was amazingly sweet and made me fall in love with Cooper a bit more. I highly recommend it to all of you romance junkies.

Patty Maximini 


Brittainy Cherry has been in love with words since the day she took her first breath. She lives in Milwaukee, Wisconsin with her loved ones and loves a great romance. The Space In Between is her debut novel and she looks forward to the world being able to read it! Other hobbies that she loves to take part in are writing screenplays, acting, and dancing--poorly of course. Coffee, chai tea, and wine are three things that she thinks every person should partake in! When she's not running around and crafting stories, she's probably playing with her wonderfully adorable fur babies who she loves to death!


No comments:

Post a Comment