Thursday, January 9, 2014

Review of Exception By Patty Maximini




When all hope for moving on from a life filled with pain and abuse was gone, Emily Watson closed herself off to the world, packed her bags, and moved across the country in search of a new life. What she found was a career she adored and friends she loved. It wasn’t a full and complete life, but it was definitely better than what she knew before. 

When all hope for being loved and accepted for who he was instead of what he had was gone, Taylor Carter decided that trusting people outside of his family wasn’t really smart and would only lead to disappointment. With his world turned upside down, his life became about his work, and every new relationship was meaningless and superficial. He was safe and definitely content but never truly happy. 

When all hope for staying awake during a long day was gone, Emily and Taylor found themselves at the same coffee cart. Little did they know then that the worst coffee they’d ever had would forever change their lives.

When hopeless people are blinded by an endless pain, when contentment and safety feel like the best options, and when love seems impossible, they may just find an exception.









I waited months to read this book. I met Patty through authors Anna Applegate and JL Durfey I would get little snippets here and there and and I was in love with Taylor even before i got my hand s on the book.  The day came when i finally got the book and im telling you it was one thing after another between working all the time during the holidays to the kids being home and needing things every time i picked up this book I got interrupted I thought I was never gonna get to read it and I got cranky and grumpy. Finally one day I just locked my self away ( family thought i was sleeping lol) and read the whole dang book. WoW I have to say this is a great read not only do you have the romance part but you have a great story of learning to trust share and love again. I think damaged characters always have the best back stories no one in this story had come from a perfect life they were all drawn to one another they all had things the others were missing. Patty created real characters who I have come to love !!! I need a cupcake and a fruit cake in my life!!! Taylor the Male lead in the story  OMG talk about HOT book boyfriend he takes the cake I have some high standards form my book BF's lol and he fit right up there and surpassed some of my top ones the man is amazing once he let down walls and faced his past.  Emily her back story was crazy and so sad too I rooted for her and Taylor all the way till the end .  Emily learned to love and to trust and to see the good in herself which I think is the toughest thing for people to do and Patty was able to show her struggles with that in a way where we could all relate and could understand but want Emily to grow and learn and see and she did (thank god cuz I dont think I could take it if she didnt).  Have a box of tissue handy this is not a bawl your eyes out kind of story but its one where you cry tears of joy tears of sadness. this definitely is a book that will be in my to be re read list! 

  


Words have always been a passion of mine. I’ve always loved to read them, write them and learn them in other languages. Last year, I’ve decided to take that passion and turn it into a book, the result was Exception, my very first novel.

Whenever I’m not sitting behind my computer, I’m either enjoying the company of my dear hubby, Alex, and our four four-legged babies or reading. I’m a firm believer in long hand written letters, love of any kind and good stories.


https://www.facebook.com/AuthorPattyMaximini











AMAZON: http://www.amazon.com/Exception-Patty-Maximini-ebook/dp/B00GEGBHCY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1389285861&sr=8-1&keywords=exception+patty+maximini

No comments:

Post a Comment