Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Book Review ~Second Chance Boyfriend ~ By: Monica Murphy


Lost. That one single word best describes my life at this very moment. I lost the last games of the season and both my team and my coach blame me. I lost the last two months because I drowned in my own despair like a complete loser. And I lost the only girl who ever mattered because I was afraid being with me would destroy her.
But now I realize how truly lost I am without her. She has become my story...and even though she acts like she's moved on, I know she still thinks about me just as much as I think about her. She's beautiful, sweet--and so damn vulnerable, all I want to do is help her. Be there for her.

Love her...
If only I could convince Fable to give me a second chance. Then I wouldn't feel so lost anymore, and neither would she. We could be found together.

Forever.


~Great follow up book. If you haven't read Monica's first book "One Week Girlfriend" then you need to. Second Chance Boyfriend is the sequal. Monica did a great job pulling in the feelings and emotions in this book as she did with the first one and it takes you right back to where the first one ended.
All of the drama, chaos, and literally the effed-up-ness is there and she adds to it.
Drew has got to be one of the sweetest, most lovable guys ever. Even with all of his problems (and believe me, they're serious problems!) his biggest concern is Fable.
I wasn't expecting Fable's mom to pull a stunt like that and I was surprised that Owen took it out on Fable at first like he did, but I understand it too.
The twist at the end I was not expecting at all. I knew Adele was a monster, but I didn't think it would go that far. Honestly I looking back at it now, I don't think I would have wanted the outcome to be any different. As selfish as that decision is, she took away the possibility to hurt any of them further.
A weird part of me wanted to know the truth about Vanessa, but in the end it doesn't matter. What's done was done.
The ending was great!! I loved the way Drew put all his emotions out there and Fable did too. All in all, this was a great sequel, and I would recommend the series over and over again.

Book Bitch Ashleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment