Wednesday, July 31, 2013

REVIEW Emerge by S.E. Hall book #1 of the Evolve Series






"I was so excited to get my hands on this book !!! "  Book Bitch Stephenie 





Emerge is Laney Walker's story; an 18 yr old quick witted, athletic, southern girl who lets few get too close and uses her sarcastic zingers to deflect most situations. This is her coming of age journey...from her boy next door to starting at a new college, with a new softball team and a quirky roommate, all while living in a co-ed dorm.

One night.
Dane Kendrick.
It changed all which she thought she knew and awoke something, someone, within her that she didn't know existed.

A tale of friendship, loyalty, first love, primal love and...life.

Coming of Age/NA romance with sexual content, meant for mature audiences
















S.E.Hall resides in Arkansas with her husband of 17 years and 3 beautiful daughters. When not in the stands watching her ladies play softball, she enjoys reading YA and NA romance.







I fell in love with this book.  I am always leery to try new books that i have herd nothing about so I checked out amazon and the reviews were crazy good . So I took a chance and said what the heck and loaded my kindle up and started reading I took 3 breaking reading this book one was to cook dinner second was to put my girls to bed and the third was a potty break next thing I know its 3:30 am and im sitting there yelling at my kindle because im finished!!! Its a great love story honestly I think I like books like this because I loved the TV show Dawson s Creek .

Laney she was a tough tom girl raised by her dad (mom is gone you find out later in book why no spoilers form me :) )  she meets her best friend after a school yard fight Evan.  The become best friends and grow up together and its not until their senior yr when every thing changes she is busy playing softball which has landed her scholarship offers . Evan is on football team and has a scholarship as well. She also has her best girlfriend Kaitlin who is her girly friend who helps Laney out with anything relating to boys make up or clothes. One evening at a bonfire changes everything.

Laney and Evan take their friendship to another level and their time together is cut short after senior yr they are off to different schools where everything changes When she meets Dane.  Laney is only 18 new at the whole dating thing I had to remind my self of that when I was reading and yelling at her. But as I read I feel in love with Dane ( must be the bad boy thing lol that I love so much ) I loved Evan I loved how they grew up as friends and ended up dating but when i met Dane Evan faded to the background and i spent the whole rest of the book rooting for Dane and hoping that Evan would find a girlfriend and then both of them would be happy.  I wont give any spoilers away here but Both Boys fight for Laney and its not till the end where you  know where Laney stands and see heart ache and your left with a major cliff hanger . This is definitely a book I would recommend to all my friends!! I loved it !! i cant wait for the next book to come out so I can get the closure I need .




No comments:

Post a Comment